Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Dream Worth Having is a Dream Worth Living

Photo Courtesy of: www.cantstopthebleeding.com
Have you ever given thought to the birth of a dream?

When did it first occur to you that you might want to play major league baseball or fly a plane?

Was it something you saw on TV or heard on the radio? (for those of you born in the 21st century)

Did you tell your best friend or your parents? Or no one at all?

The year was 1994.

My older brother came home from school one day and announced that he would be making a movie for one of his classes. I honestly don't remember really thinking much of it at first, except that I knew if it was something he was excited about, it was likely to be fun.

We soon began the discussion of what the movie would involve, who would play which parts, and what props and costumes we'd need.  My Mom pulled out the sturdy VHS Camcorder (for those of you raised on the internet) and final preparations were made for a film my brother called "Babyface Barbecuesauce" (a parody on the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan scandal).  

I couldn't tell you what role I might have played, (aside from my brother requiring my most villainous laugh at the end of the film) but I do remember helping organize things, setting up sets, helping smear barbecue sauce on my infant sister's face (What?  She was the villain!), and watching the footage play on the TV for the first time. I remember thinking to myself, "I could do this the rest of my life."

And that was it.  That was the birth of my dream.

That's really what the crew of "No Tomorrow" has in common.  A dream.

You simply cannot go into film without a dream. It's what makes you take chances, it makes you work hard, it makes you leave your comfort zone, it's what drives you forward, constantly and relentlessly.  And when all seems lost, it's the only thing that you have left to hold onto.

We were very lucky to work with some extremely talented individuals who all share this passion for film and made this labor of love possible. From the sound team to the camera team to the make-up artist to the actors.  Everyone was on board, working hard, and having a good time.

I want to make sure we tell you all about our crew, but I'm going to save that for future posts since we could sing (well, if we could sing) their praises for hours.

Here's to hoping!

Take Care,

P.S. - This video was shared with me last night. Some of you might enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment